Hi, thank you so much for stopping by today and hope you enjoy your visit!. Whilst you're here, it would be so nice if you could leave a little love and/or follow me, & in return, I'll do the same for you! D xxx

Wednesday 15 February 2023

Worldwide Crafters & Colourists Challenge #2

 Hi there folks

I'm here to share with you my very first project as part of the Worldwide Open Design Team challenge, I'm so thrilled to be working with this great team, but I first of all have to let you know that the Challenge blog has had a name change and will now be known as Worldwide Crafters & Colorists (American spelling) Challenge. It will run just the same as before, the theme also being 'Anything Goes', so you can join us here to see and follow our DT creations and obviously for you to share your fab makes with us. Our lovely sponsor is the very talented Julia Spiri, who I had the privilege of working with before. So my first project I chose the sophisticated image Elegant Beauty to work with, here is what I created with her.


On a 7x5 card blank, I mat & layered silver glitter card with this gorgeous teal lace paper. The image, I coloured using Hunkydory Prism markers. This was my first time using them on watercolour card and I have to say that I was very impressed. I normally use Promarkers, but these are my new favourites. They worked a treat. What do you think of the result? After carefully cutting out, I placed the image on to embossed white card that I cut out from this torn edge effect die, gilded round the edges and added on to the mat & layer. To decorate, I added teal vellum die cut flowers and various foliage, finishing off with sequins and pearl gems.

Materials Used 
Julia Spiri
Image - 'Elegant Beauty'
Hunkydory 
Prism Markers - Skin (550); Lips/Nails (500); Hair (542 & 537); Earrings/Ring (445) Stole (451)
Moonstone - 'Torn Edged'(Ovals); 'Floral Fancy'; 'A Jar Full of Wildflowers' & 'Lovely Leaves' dies
Diamond Sparkles Shimmer Card - 'Silver'
Floribunda Paper Pad - 'Teal with white lace' Paper
Matt-tastic Card - 'Grey' & 'White'
Moonstone Embossing Folder - 'Scattered Blooms'
Diamond Sparkles Sequins - 'Silver'
Diamond Sparkles Pearl Gems - 'Grey'
Connoisseur Studio
Treasure Pewter Wax Gilt


Please do stop by and join us for this months challenge, it runs from 15th Feb to the 12th Mar, we'd love to see your lovely creations. You could also come on over and join Julia's Facebook Group for more inspiration.
 Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by and hope that you enjoyed your visit. Your feedback is always very much appreciated and would love you to follow my blog, if you aren't already. 

Loads of crafty hugs till next time
Donna (DT)

4 comments:

  1. A lovely looking card with great colours. It looks really stunning! Thanks for playing along with us over at Passion for Markers this week.
    Love n hugs
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a delicately feminine card, Donna. Fabulous no lines colouring of that elegant image too...
    Thanks for playing along with us at Passion for Markers this week, Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an elegant card Donna. The image is beautiful and your colouring is perfect. Love the delicate colour scheme too. Thanks for sharing with us at Passion for Markers this week. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete