Hi, thank you so much for stopping by today and hope you enjoy your visit!. Whilst you're here, it would be so nice if you could leave a little love and/or follow me, & in return, I'll do the same for you! D xxx

Friday 11 November 2016

Lest We Forget ...

Hi my Blogging Buddies, Crafty Friends and Followers, I'm going to share with you a little extra card that I created with this being 'Remembrance' week. I have a few ancestors that fought and died in both World Wars. Thankfully both my Grandfather's survived WW2, but one my Grandfather's brother Alex, never made it home, this is him pictured below.

I will be wearing my poppy with pride for all who died and survived!!

Without further ado, here is what I created using images from both Julia Spiri's Poppy Collection and Steampunk Collection.

My Project
Products Used
Julia Spiri - Poppy Collection Image and Steampunk Collection Image
Crafter's Companion - Watercolour Card
Britannia - Soldier Die
Spellbinders - Cross Die
Woodware - Corner Punch
Ranger - Worn Lipstick Distress Stickles
From My Stash - Plain paper to make background, Brown and Red Satin Card.

I created this by matt and layering brown satin card with background paper made using clip art images from the Steampunk Collection, that reminded me of the sky. I tweaked the colour to use sepia tones, which I thought worked better.  The poppy wreath made using duplicate clip art image from the Poppy Collection. On this I placed a die cut Soldier, then added sentiment banner made on word doc and layered with matching brown satin card. I finished off by decorating with brown satin card die cut cross. The centre looked like a poppy so I die cut a duplicate in red satin and cut to fit...works well ... doesn't it???

Close Ups

For more wonderful images and challenge details etc, please follow the links at the bottom of the page!! 

 Well, thanks so much again, for stopping by and hope you have enjoyed my post
Looking forward to your next visit, so until then
'Happy Crafting'
Hugs Donna (DT)
xxx
Links
Etsy Shop
 Challenge Blog
Facebook Fan Group
Julia Spiri On Pinterest  
Julia Spiri On Google+
https://plus.google.com/+JuliaSpiri



1 comment:

  1. Hi Donna this is a stunning card and so fitting for today. We still have my husband's father he is a 92 year old veteran and still going strong. We are very lucky. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete