Hi, thank you so much for stopping by today and hope you enjoy your visit!. Whilst you're here, it would be so nice if you could leave a little love and/or follow me, & in return, I'll do the same for you! D xxx

Tuesday 1 November 2016

Optional Twist of Try A Different Colour Medium at Julia Spiri Challenge

Hello my wonderful Friends, Blogging Buddies and Followers! A big 'HELLO' to my new followers too, thanks so much for joining my Krafty Little World, I hope you enjoy your stay!

Hope you all had a lovely 'Halloween' weekend, I'm glad it's over now, though I do enjoy seeing all the little kids dress up, most are really fab, but more and more 'older' ones are not bothering and expect a 'treat' or better still cash!.

Well thankfully it's a new month, and that means the start of a new challenge over at

Our theme as always is
'Anything Goes'
but we have a fab optional twist of
'Try a Different Colour Medium'

Now this was fun to do as I'm so stuck in my ways using my fave Promakers and Copics. It was so great to use my different inks and other pens instead...You should give it a go, very therapeutic too!!

For my DT inspiration, I have used Georgie Pirate, from the Pirates Collection. Isn't she adorable?! For more wonderful images and challenge details etc, please follow the links at the bottom of the page!! And here is what I created - 
My Project
Products Used
Julia Spiri - 'Georgie Pirate' Image
Tim Holtz Distress Inks - Tea Dye, Squeezed Lemonade and Festive Berries
Versa Color - Copper, Petal Pink, Sand Beige and Sage
ColorBox - Pigment Frost White, Old Rose and Black and Chalk Warm Red
Gel Pens - Various Colours of Glitter and Gel
PanPastel - Turquoise
DecoArt - Crystal Glamour Dust Glitter
Crafter's Companion -Watercolour Card
Rusty Pickle - 12x12 'Aye Aye Cap'n Papers, Cut out Topper and Cap'n Jack Pickle Trims Ribbon Border and Pompom
Creata - Brown Mirror Card
Marianne - Lighthouse and Anchor Dies
Docrafts - Gold Adhesive Gems
From My Stash - Brown Silky Card, Flowers and Key Charm. Palm Tree Topper I found on the internet.

I remembered that I had some mix and match 'Pirate' craft stash, so looked this out and used to create my card. I started with a matt and layer of  'Aye Aye Cap'n' paper and brown silky card. Adding the matching trim border. I found this fab palm tree and island image on the internet, which I downloaded and printed onto watercolour card, then layering on the same brown silky card. I carefully cut out one of the scroll images from the 12x12 papers and used as a sentiment topper. The image I printed and coloured with coordinating various ink pads such as distress dye, pigment and chalk inks. What a change from using my normal favourite Promarkers/Copics , well you know what they say ... 'a change is as good as a rest'! I also used various gel and glitter pens too for added effect!. I carefully cut the image out and placed as shown. To decorate, I added die cut lighthouse and anchor using brown silky and mirror card, flower made up from my stash and pompom from 'Cap'n Jack' trims, with adhesive gold domes and key charm to finish.
Close Ups

 Well, thanks so much again, for stopping by and hope you have enjoyed my post and join in with our new challenge, if you need more inspiration, then hop over to our blog and see all of the fabulous creations by my fellow DT girls ...why not leave them some love too!!

Looking forward to your next visit, so until then
'Happy Crafting'
Hugs Donna (DT)
xxx
Links
Etsy Shop
 Challenge Blog
Facebook Fan Group
Julia Spiri On Pinterest  
Julia Spiri On Google+
https://plus.google.com/+JuliaSpiri


I am entering this into the following Challenges:-





9 comments:

  1. Ahoy there Me Hearty, fabulous card Donna, great image and gorgeous colouring using inks. Hugs Jennifer xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Donna this is a stunning card I love the scene you have created for the gorgeous pirate lady. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fabulous card Donna and a wonderful image. All the decorative elements you've used are brilliant xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Donna, love all the fab detail, hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous cardcand love the pirate

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for joining us at Craft your passion!
    hope to see you next week,
    dT Veronica

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous Donna, love the image and design.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. gorgeous card
    thanks for playing with us at crafty sentiments
    hugs
    céline

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a super card.Everything works beautifully with the image.Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion.Hope to see you again next week.
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete