Hi, thank you so much for stopping by today and hope you enjoy your visit!. Whilst you're here, it would be so nice if you could leave a little love and/or follow me, & in return, I'll do the same for you! D xxx

Thursday 22 July 2021

''Christmas in July''

Hi there,
Wow what fantastic weather we are getting in my part of Scotland, been like this for 2 to 3 weeks with the odd bit of rain though still very warm. Hope it lasts a bit longer, though I'm not one to sit out in it!! Anyways, hoping this might help to keep us cool, I'm here to share with you another little bit of ''Christmas in July''. I've been loving Hunkydory's new Christmas ranges, so I just had to have another little spend to add to my ever growing stash! Lol...And here is what I created with my new goodies, hope you like it!

 

On a 7x7 scalloped card blank, I matt and layered tartan adorable scorable with gold mirri card for my base. The poinsettia is a new stamp from For the Love of Stamps called ''Perfect Poinsettia'' and is absolutely fabulous! I stamped the image 6 times on watercolour card then cut each in different sizes to be able to decoupage it. Before putting together, I coloured with my LuminArte Twinkling H2O's that I haven't used in a very long time and I must say I think it turned out brill!. I added some 'Ice Diamond' glitter to the edges of the leaves and petals for effect. I die cut holly leaves and berries from the same watercolour card and coloured with the H2O's too and adding pearl drops to complete the berries, then  die cut pine sprigs from gold mirri card. Finishing off with a die cut sentiment and some pearl gems.

Materials Used
Hunkydory 
  Adorable Scorable Festive Tartan Card 
Glamourous Gold Mirri Card 
For the Love of Stamps ''Perfect Poinsettia'' 
Moonstone ''Pretty Poinsettia'' & ''Poinsettia Corner'' Dies 
Watercolour Card
LuminArte 
Twinkling H2O's ''Moss Green, Olive Green, Golden Jade, Poppy Red, Sunflower & Cinnamon Brown''
Ranger 
Liquid Pearls ''Ruby Red''
Pinflair 
Glitter ''Ice Diamond''


Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by and hope that you enjoyed your visit. Your feedback is always very much appreciated and would love you to follow my blog, if you aren't already.

Loads of crafty hugs till next time
Donna
xxx

I am entering this in to the following challenges:

6 comments:

  1. Hi Donna this is a gorgeous card. I love it. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous festive card with a traditional feel to it and love your poinsettia which is so beautiful. Thanks for joining us at Let’s Craft & Create. Happy crafting. Michelle - DT x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A gorgeous dramatic card - really love the poinsettia - it did turn out great. Thank you for joining us at Cardz 4 Galz xx Lynda/Loopyloo DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very beautiful. Nice work.
    Thank you for sharing with us over here at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

    Annette DT / Admin / Registered Owner for https://worldwideopendesignteamchallenge.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. A stunning poinsettia. Beautiful card. Thanks for sharing with us at Cardz 4 Galz. Caz. DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card. Thanks for joining the challenge at Crafty Gals Corner.

    ReplyDelete