Hi, thank you so much for stopping by today and hope you enjoy your visit!. Whilst you're here, it would be so nice if you could leave a little love and/or follow me, & in return, I'll do the same for you! D xxx

Friday 6 January 2017

Twist of Using Ribbon at Crafty Catz

Good Morning, my Friends...Thank 'G' it's Friday...what a couple of weeks! Hope you have all recovered from Christmas and New Year festivities! I'm just glad to get everything back to normal, as normal can be!! Now as it's Friday, that means only one thing, it's our first challenge of the year over at Crafty Catz. Our theme is as always is 'Anything Goes' with a Twist of  'Use Ribbons' and sponsoring us is the fab Crafty Ribbons. For this challenge, the DT were to use any of our own images, so as it is the New Year, I decided to create something with that in mind and used the very apt, for me, Thistle Scroll image and Purple Thistle background paper by Delightful Digi's. So without further ado, here is what I created, an easy to make desk calender, hope you like it! 
My Project 
Products Used
 Delightful Digi's - 'Thistle Scroll' Image and 'Purple Thistle' Background Paper
ProMarkers - Lilac, Orchid Lavender, Pear Green, Moss and Marsh Green
Wink of Stella - Clear Glitter Pen  
Ranger - Ice Stickles 'Lime Ice'
Crafter's Companion - Watercolour Card
 Spellbinders - Labels 47 Die
Docrafts - '2017' Calendar Tabs and Papermania Capsule Collection 'French Lavender' Ribbons
From My stash - Lavender Satin Card and Gems


First of all I took an A4 sheet of white card from my stash, printed the thistle background, then scored as shown here marked in black on my scoring board, then folded to create a DL shape ... 

I added a double ribbon border to decorate, then printed the image on to watercolour card, added some text 'A Guid (Scottish for Good) New Year', coloured with Promarkers, cut to size and placed on die cut topper of lavender card. I added some clear glitter pen and ice stickles for effect! The calendar tab, I placed on to more of the lavender card with a bit extra height to add ribbon bow. I finished off with adding gems from my stash.

Close Ups

Hope you like this fab simple idea, it's so easy to make and such a great gift for New Year!! Why not give it a go yourself and don't forget to share it with us over at Crafty Catz! If you need more inspiration, then pop over and see all of the gorgeous projects created by my DT buddies, why not leave them some love too!!

Thanks so much for stopping by and looking at my blog.

I look forward to your next visit, so until then, have a wonderful week!
'Happy Crafting'
Hugs Donna (DT)
xxx
Design Team Member

 I am entering this into the following challenges:-


16 comments:

  1. Beautiful and wonderful make Donna have a lovely week end
    Dianne xx :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A Fabulous desk calendar Donna, love the design and the colour is gorgeous. Hugs Jennifer xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Donna this is a stunning calendar. It would look fantastic on any desk. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  4. a sper make and it would be a fab gift
    Tilly

    ReplyDelete
  5. A gorgeous calendar Donna and a great design. The paper and image are wonderful xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great project Donna! I love the fold you used,so clever!
    Wish you a great weekend!
    Nick

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a pretty project and a great way to see the year through in style. Happy New Year. Naomi x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous Donna, love the design. Wishing you a Happy New Year too.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful calendar Donna, love the thistle image and wonderful purples, have a great week xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely fabulous. Nice work I love it.
    Thank you for sharing with us over here at Classic Design Team Open Challenge and best of luck with your entry.
    [Annette Registered Owner/Admin for Classic Design Team Challenge]

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a brilliant creation Donna. I love the image and your colouring is perfect. Thanks for sharing with us at PFP this week. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Donna, your calendar is adorable. Great job! Thank you for sharing with us at Simply Create Too - Myrna DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. great idea for a calendar lovely colour combo to.

    Thank you for sharing with us over here today at the Classic Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

    Tracey DT   http://classicdesignteamchallenge.blogspot.com.au/...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card. Love the colours. Thanks for sharing at Simply Create Too and hope to see you again. Good luck.
    - Khushboo Gandhi, DT
    http://snowflakesandlilies.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete